- This event has passed.
2017 Serra Rally! Sunny Phoenix!
February 16, 2017 - February 19, 2017
A Message from USA Council President Greg Schwietz
Serra’s USA Council Board is pleased to invite you to this most dynamic, annual national 2017 Serra Rally.
The Serra Rally has been highly praised as a necessary and vital spiritual shot in the arm and a roll-your-shirt-sleeves-up event for all Serra Leaders. Attending you will experience a place where like-minded Serrans from all over the United States gather and focus on the work that Serra does: inspiring, encouraging, and affirming vocations to the priesthood and religious life.
If you have already attended a RALLY, surely you have seen the benefits of sharpening your Serra saw at this gathering, and we hope it will bring you back.
For you first-timers, we invite you to participate in any of the many working national committee meetings, or to observe the International Board or the USA Council Board in action. These meetings are open to all interested Serrans.
We offer all attendees inspiring presentations as well as rich and meaningful prayer experiences.
Serrans are known around the world for their zeal and commitment to its members and its remarkable mission. Come join us February 16-19, 2017 at the Phoenix Airport Marriott to see why.
Greg Schwietz, President
USA Council of Serra International
Our venue this year will be the Phoenix Airport Marriott, just a short complimentary shuttle ride from the airport, but still close to Phoenix’s vibrant downtown and within reach of beautiful Tempe and Scottsdale. Click here to reserve your room.
IGNITE your Serran passion in the new year with presentations from the following speakers:
- Fr. Ralph O’Donnell: Executive Director of the USCCB Secretariat for Clergy, Consecrated Life and Vocations: “Vocations and Accompaniment: How We Can Help Others to Hear God’s Call”
- Dr. Eric Westby: “Priest as Minister of the Word”
- Serra USA Council President Greg Schwietz: “The apostolate of Serra in the United States”
- Sr. Mary Jordan Hoover, O.P., the first sister to start a Catholic high school in Phoenix’s West Valley. “The Unseen Reality: The Power of Prayer Behind Each Vocation”
- Rev. Fr. Will Schmid, pastor of St. Mary Magdalene in Gilbert, AZ. “The Role of the Liturgy in Vocational Discernment”
- Fr. Joseph Chinnici, OFM, President Emeritus of the Franciscan School of Theology in Oceanside, CA: “St. Junipero Serra”
- Phoenix Auxiliary Bishop Eduardo Nevares. “Joyful Promotion of Vocations in Latino Communities”
ENGAGE the Serra mission by participating in the following national committee meetings and trainings:
- Sign up for and learn how to use Serra’s new Web Portal
- Recommended for club chaplains. Special meeting with Episcopal Advisor, Andrew Cozzens
- Recommended for all district governors. Special meeting with President Greg Schwietz
- Training for Club Treasurers
- The USA Council Vocations, Programs, Membership and Communications committees will meet at the beginning of the Rally. All are welcome to attend these productive and informative work sessions!
Let the following opportunities for prayer INSPIRE your faith!
- On-site Eucharistic Adoration
- Mass with Phoenix Bishop Thomas Olmsted
- Adoration with USA Council Episcopal Adviser Bishop Andrew Cozzens
Plus sight-seeing and travel opportunities!
- Thursday day trip to Our Lady of Solitude in Tonopah, AZ
- Friday night walk down Mill Avenue in downtown Tempe, AZ
- Sunday morning hike in South Mountain Park
Make plans now to be a part of this exciting Serra event!